A. Perfect timing! The House of Representatives just passed the historic Health Care Reform Bill on Sunday, March 21, 2010. And unlike many industries, healthcare expanded its payrolls even during the recession, so yes, it’s a good time to look for an internship. Some of the growing career markets are x-ray technician, lab technician, physical therapist, registered nurse, occupational therapist, optometrist, and dental hygienist. Check out the following internships.com offerings:
- Awakening Health Institute: Intensive exercise and wellness program in San Diego, CA, for individuals with various neurological disorders and spinal cord injuries. Specializing in personal training and exercise as well as supportive services. Holistic approach. Six-month, unpaid internships with potential.
- Audiology & Health Services Consultants, Inc.: All majors encouraged to apply, especially thinkers with creative ideas. Looking for a candidate with strong written and oral communications and excellent phone and organizational skills with ability in Excel and Microsoft Word. Part-time and paid in Chicago, IL.
- Frontier Nursing Service, Inc.: Must have valid driver’s license and own vehicle for personal use. Students interested in rural healthcare should check out the website. Full time and unpaid in Lexington, KY, with college credit available.
- Adventist Health System: Sponsors internship programs designed for finance and non-finance majors who have taken business courses, and are campus leaders. Must have GPA 3.0 or better. Requirements vary depending on internship. Paid internships located in Orlando, FL.
- Little Brothers – Friends of the Elderly: Internships for students majoring in photography, marketing/public relations, art therapy, psychology, sociology, nursing, pre-med, or gerontology. Unpaid in Chicago, IL.
P.S. Watch this blog for more healthcare internship listings!