A. The great green wave is still cresting. Unconvinced? Check out the thousands of activities to mark the 40th anniversary of Earth Day today, April 22nd. Still unsure? Flip through college catalogs and view the new eco-offerings in environmental studies. Need more proof? Talk to a car dealer about the new Chevrolet Volt, an electric car. Energy and sustainability issues abound in the business world. Internships.com offers lots of choices to experience the green future. Here’s a sample:
- Greenavise, Silver Spring, MD: A consulting business helping business and property owners operate in a sustainable manner wants 2 unpaid, full-time interns (college credit available). Duties include: research energy efficient products and develop sales and partnership leads, work on blog, twitter accounts and a newsletter.
- Tri-State Biodiesel, LLC: Offers 2 part-time, unpaid (college credit available) internships to talk with local restaurants about their oil usage/disposal and other environmental issues. You’ll maintain restaurant database, call on customers, participate in promotions, perform office work, and do research.
- Center for a New American Dream, Virtual location: Interns work with individuals, communities, and institutions to establish sustainable practices that will ensure a healthy planet for future generations. Must ascribe to “More Fun, Less Stuff” philosophy. Unpaid internship with college credit.
- Sustainable Living Systems, Missoula, MT: Enjoy a full-time, paid internship with a non-profit organization that was formed to demonstrate and teach a way of living where respect and care of Mother Earth and care of people are the focus.
- Gorman Heritage Farm, Fairborn, OH: Interested in sustainable agriculture? Sign up for an unpaid internship exploring and learning the history, methods and values of a working family farm in a natural setting. Must be able to work in all weather conditions and be interested in sustainable agriculture.
- The Green Mountain Club, Manchester, NH: Seeks several interns for positions in Outdoor Leadership, Environmental Education, Backcountry Caretaking, and Trail Construction. Unpaid, but college credit available.
- Wagbo Peace Center, Lansing, MI: Offers paid internships in sustainable agriculture. Farming experience is helpful but not required. Should have good communications skills, physical strength, and ability to work at production level.